Beyond Beirut is a Lebanese non-governmental organization with a mission to encourage the development of experiential tourism beyond the city limits of Beirut as a means for sustainable economic development in rural Lebanon.
Beyond Beirut goals:
- To create awareness of the importance of tourism beyond the city limits of Beirut as an economic driver.
- To promote rural tourism as a means for sustainable economic and community development
- To introduce and support the concept of destination development
- To empower communities with the means and tools to actively develop their assets
- To enhance job creation and retention
- To conserve natural and cultural heritage
- To enhance quality of tourism service
- To encourage business to business linkages as an essential potential for economic growth
- To encourage public/private partnerships
- To develop, sustain and expand an integrated network of marketing channels to create a pull demand for tourism in areas beyond the city limits of Beirut