Within the context of a sustainable tourism forum be held at the beginning of December 2016 and organized by Beyond Beirut in cooperation with the Ministry of Tourism, you are invited to submit small project proposals that will be presented to potential donors in a special session during the forum.
This call is open to projects aiming at supporting the development of rural tourism in Lebanon based on the strategic direction defined by the Rural Tourism Strategy for Lebanon launched on February 13, 2015 at the Grand Serail.
These strategic directions are as follows:
1. Develop and improve marketing and promotion to increase consumer awareness and the visibility of rural tourism destinations, products and services domestically and internationally
2. Institutionalize rural tourism at the level of local communities
3. Improve and enforce conservation and protection of the environmental, cultural, historical, agricultural heritage of rural areas
4. Diversify, modernize and improve quality of rural destinations, products and services
5. Improve policies, legislation, and regulation of the rural tourism sector
6. Improve information and data collection and management to support sound planning
7. Develop the culture of rural tourism among the young generation and in the education system
8. Improve domestic and international business linkages and networking
Project concept notes can be presented by municipalities, NGOs and academic institutions. Individuals and private companies can present projects provided they directly serve communities or propose legislations or operative structures that would benefit the rural tourism sector according to the strategic directions defined by the Rural Tourism Strategy for Lebanon.
Small project with budgets not exceeding 18 000 000 LBP are preferred but bigger project budgets exceeding LBP 18 000 000 are accepted.
Concept notes should be accompanied by legal papers as follows:
NGOs: Copy of notification document as issued by Ministry of Interior
Companies: Company Registration papers
Individuals: Copy of ID
Municipalities: concept note signed by the president of the municipality
Deadline for submission of projects is Monday November 21, 2016 at 1:00 pm Beirut time
Proposals can be submitted in Arabic, English or French.
Projects should be submitted by email to: email@example.com.
Email title should be “Project Proposal for Rural Tourism Development”.
Email should be sent before set deadline time on November 21, 2016.